Our good mate Dan the Aussie Paleo Chef gave me this recipe when he was here in May, which I LOVE, and got me totally addicted to banana flour at the same time! I’d actually never made crepes before, I hadn’t come across an easy recipe that didn’t use a zillion eggs. But this recipe is so minimal and so insanely easy, it’s amazing and you should definitely give it a go!
You can either make your crepes savoury or sweet, it’s totally up to you. Be creative!
Makes about 12 medium crepes
½ cup Ayam pure coconut milk
2/3 cup banana flour
Ghee or coconut oil for pan
Himalayan salt to taste
– Organic cinnamon powder and/or pure vanilla added to the batter
– Organic berries or fruit of choice, Ayam pure coconut cream, pure maple syrup, raw honey added to cooked crepes
– Organic dried herbs and spices added to the batter
– Organic veggies, fried egg, bacon, strips of meat, avocado, paleo melting cheese (recipe available in the Paleo Kitchen Creations e-book), anything you like!
1. Blend eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, flour and coconut milk in a tall jug with a stick blender
2. Add small amount of salt
3. Bring a small fry pan to a moderate temperate and add small amount of ghee
4. Pour 1-2 tbsp crepe mixture in and move pan to coat the whole pan with the mixture
5. Using a silicon spatula lift one edge as soon as it dries on top, then flip over. 30 sec – 1 min should be plenty of time to cook properly
6. Place on a plate and repeat with the remaining mixture
7. Once all crepes are made, place one on a plate with desired fillings
8. Serve and enjoy!
How easy is that right?! Have fun crepe-making!
5 Things I’m Grateful For:
1. Dan giving me so many amazing recipes
2. Donating money to the Red Cross Nepal Region Earthquake Appeal today thanks to people who came to workshops and sessions
3. Stickers! Life is better with bright and colourful stickers!
4. The Paleo Camping Retreat coming up in a few weeks.. SO EXCITING!!!
5. Clint’s cuddles. They’re the best 🙂