It’s Summer, yay! And that, of course, means many hot days ahead, calling for cold food and drinks to cool us down.
So I have the perfect recipe for just that! And it’s a little decadent but super healthy at the same time… My Dreamy Creamy Triple Choc Chip Ice Blocks!
Sound good? Look good? Want to make them? Then here’s the recipe so you can do just that!
DREAMY CREAMY TRIPLE CHOC CHIP ICE BLOCKS
You’ll need these:
1.25 cups pure coconut milk
1/2 cup organic pure cocoa powder
1 cup organic banana, roughly chopped
1-2 tbsp raw honey
1 tbsp cacao nibs (plus extra for garnish)
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp cacao butter
1 tbsp organic pure cocoa powder
1/2 tsp pure vanilla (powder, paste or beans)
2 tsp raw honey
(grab some of the ingredients for less than RRP in the Primal Pantry!)
Now do this:
- Place all ingredients, apart from the cacao nibs, into a blender and blitz until you have a smooth consistency and there are no chunks of banana remaining
- Stir in the cacao nibs
- Pour mixture into ice block moulds (purchase from op shops, supermarkets, homewares stores etc)
- Place in the fridge to set for a few hours
- Using the double boiler method melt the ingredients so there are no lumps of cacao butter remaining. The water can be simmering but doesn’t need to be at too high a temperature.
- Once melted, remove from stove and allow mixture to cool down a little
- Once the mixture has cooled down but is still runny, pour into zip-lock bag (cut the smallest of holes in one corner to make into a piping bag) or a proper piping bag
- Place a large flat plate in the freezer
- When the ice blocks have completely set remove them from their moulds and lie them down on the cold plate from the freezer (to prevent the ice blocks melting quickly) then grab the choc drizzle bag and pipe over the ice blocks however you like. Across-ways back and forth is easy and looks great. Sprinkle some cacao nibs over for garnish. The chocolate will set pretty quickly then you can serve the ice blocks!
Easy as that! I hope you enjoy these rich, creamy, chocolatey, healthy, delicious goodies over Summer 🙂
I sure enjoyed eating those 3 after I took photos! I had to.. they were melting, it was the hottest day we’d had in ages and it was a matter of life and mess! lol
5 Things I’m Grateful For:
- Yummy healthy Ice blocks on a hot Summer day!
- Spending time out by a creek in the country yesterday and Clint catching 2 fish
- Our talk at Nebo Organics tonight
- New skills activity I learnt from Clint yesterday during our play session
- The salt lamp in this office helping relax me as I work and study